Friday, May 21, 2010

Mandie Shaw

One of my favorite book series growing up was The Mandie Series by Lois Gladys Leppard. They are about a young girl (born around 1889) who loves to solve mysteries. Joined by a few close friends she gets in and out of all sorts of trouble, always accompanied by her white cat, Snowball. To learn more about them, check out the official website: http://www.mandie.com/

I chose to show Mandie as a young woman (circa 1905-1910). I had so much fun searching the internet for fashion plates during my research phase! I'll share some of the inspiration I found, but for now, just enjoy Mandie in her corset, chemise, and drawers. (I based the corset off of this 1910 corset from this lovely website: The Vintage Collection of Lori Knowles)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE MANDIE SHAW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Cora from a book or did you just make her up because i Love her story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete