Friday, May 28, 2010

Travelling in 1905

Every girl needs a good travel suit, and this one sure fits the bill! This travel suit, circa 1905, is very closely copied from the one below:














Click for full-size image
Click for PDF to print


On a different note, I've just finished reading "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte. It was a wonderufl book. Go read it! It has inspired me to do a paper doll of Jane. I've started some preliminary sketches of how I want her to look, and soon I will re-read the book to note down all of the dresses required, and their descriptions. Most of her gowns will be fairly simple (just like Jane herself), but I will have fun re-searching the era. It will be a similar time period to Margaret Hale from "North and South" (who is yet to be posted).

No comments:

Post a Comment