Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just Give it Away

I've been practicing coloring dolls in my free-time. RLC from Paper Thin Personas gave me some great tips for coloring, which I think have improved my abilities. Monday will showcase a newly colored Leslie with a fully colored outfit. Today, however, you get to see Winifred with another song-inspired dress. This time it's for a song by George Strait, "Just Give it Away" (yes, another depressing country song! lol).


First we have the original pencil sketch version (to the left).
(full size view here)


And below, is the fruit of my practice. A fully colored version of Winifred and the dress.






5 comments:

  1. Nice site update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, new look for the site! I like it! And the dress and coloring are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colored dress/doll, and the site is great! So smooth and sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I may... the only thing you missed, was possible shading on your grey bands... would make it look more round and 3D. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This dress is elegant and beautiful. I'm very impressed by it. And it's nice to know some of my coloring tips helped.

    Also, I like the site re-design. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete