Friday, June 11, 2010

Swimming in 1906

Mandie is out enjoying the warm weather. Perhaps she is visiting her friend Tommy Patton in Charleston, South Carolina, and they've gone for a visit to the beach. I love the different bathing dresses from this era! They're so adorable, with their nautical references. They remind me of the little sailor dress I used to have when I was young. I would love to have a similar dress today (of course, I wouldn't use it for bathing...)


  Here are a couple of period pictures. The one on the left is a fashion plate from 1906. On the right is a charming photo of girls racing each other into the water, taken in 1904.

2 comments:

  1. hey Vici! Pretty dress! ^_^ (Your links morphed together. Thought I'd let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! All fixed now :)

    ReplyDelete