Friday, September 10, 2010

Here is Margaret in an elegant silk gown that has been died black in respect of a distant relation's death.


Click for full-size image
Click for PDF to print



Exciting news!
  Today my husband and I are going house-hunting. It will be our first house, and I'm so excited! We've found several possible homes online (it's so fun to look through the photos and choose which one will suit your needs best), and today we get to tour them.
  And, a second news bulletin, my husband just purchased a new scanner/printer! I'm almost as excited about this as I am about the house! The old scanner was big and bulky, took forever, and couldn't be connected to a new computer. I'd have to hook up the old desktop, switch monitors, untangle cords, find a mouse, and the process was so long. But soon I will have a fancy new one! Hopefully my scanning rates will increase. My current process is to draw and ink a large stack of dresses, then scan them in all at once while watching a movie. Which means all the dresses you see are several weeks to months old. Perhaps with the new scanner I'll be motivated to get dresses up as soon as I have them finished.

7 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by your diligence! The best I ever did was finishing dresses a day early, and then scheduling them to post automatically the next morning. But then I get back into the habit of scrambling to figure out something before midnight ^^;;

    I've been enjoying these North and South dresses. I listened to that as an audiobook, and I found it almost a little grueling -- not that I didn't enjoy it, but it was emotional and kind of gloomy. But that book stayed with me for a long time afterwards. I just couldn't go on to "Ruth," though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I'm starting to learn to scramble early in the morning to put a post up before running off to work. When I first started I had all the posts scheduled automaticcaly at the beginning of the week...
    I'm glad you like the paper doll! The book is a little long, but I love watching the BBC movie. I haven't tried Ruth yet! Wives and Daughters is good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I mistaken or did you submit to the "OPDAG Paper Doll Studio: Westward Ho!" issue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did! I was excited to see Gertrude in print, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought so. Congratulations on getting published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually do draw in bulk for the same reasons I think you did. I have an old scanner and it takes forever to scan things and sometimes multiple attempts to get a good copy, so I hate to do that late at night when I'm already tired. Of course, this doesn't mean I actually manage to get them cleaned up and pre-scheduled. It just means they sit on my computer as guilt inducing file icons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, I have plenty of 'guilt-inducing files' too (nice word phrasing, btw). But they come in handy when I have to quickly come up with a new post!

    ReplyDelete