Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Holy Water" from 2006

Here's a little treat for all of you. I was going through a bunch of my old drawings and founds this series that is made back in 2006. The doll's name is Winifred and each of her dresses is inspired by a different song. Most of them are country songs (which is mostly what I listen to). They were sketched in pencil so the quality isn't as clean-cut as my more recent works.

This particular dress was sketched while listening to "Holy Water" by Big n Rich. You can watch the music video of it at http://www.cmt.com/videos/big-rich/37570/holy-water.jhtml if you haven't heard the song before. It used to be one of my favorites. Here are some of the lyrics:

"And she says...take me away,
And take me farther
Surround me now,
And hold...hold...hold me like holy water holy water

She wants someone to call her angel,
Someone to put the light back in her eyes,
She's looking through the faces and unfamiliar places
She needs somone to hear her when she cries.

And she says...take me away
And take me farther
Surround me now,
And hold...hold...hold me like holy water."


For the dress:
Click for full-size image
Click for PDF to print


For the doll:
Click for PDF to print

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this is pretty, Victoria! I love the straps on the bodice and the hem. :) It's a beautiful song, too.

    ReplyDelete